Drug and Alcohol
Tuff-As Safety have a team of qualified collectors who are accredited to perform onsite drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Australian and New Zealand Standards for breath, oral fluid and urine testing. Our collectors are available to undertake the following categories of testing.
However please note, the means of testing undertaken must comply with your organisations drug & alcohol policy. Should you require assistance with the development or review of your company’s policy, please contact our lead collector Alyce.
- Blanket: All employees in a workplace are tested
- Post Incident:Testing to determine whether drugs or alcohol are a contributing factor to an incident occurring
- Pre – Employment: Conducted prior to an employee commencing with the organisation
- Random: A selection of employees from the workplace
- Reasonable Suspicion: When an employee undergoes testing based on the suspicion of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Return to Work: Retesting for an employee who has previously tested positive and is returning to work
- Target:Scheduled for a specific employee and is normally due to employee previously testing positive
Services and Equipment:
The following information stipulates the type of collection services provided by Tuff-As Safety and additionally the equipment utilised (Please note, a urine or saliva collection procedure takes approximately 10-15 min per person to complete):
- Breath Testing: Using a Type 2 breath alcohol testing device in accordance with AS3547:1997 testings for alcohol levels. Our breathalyser device is a Drager Alcotest 7510 and is regularly calibrated by Drager, in accordance with Australian Standards.
- Oral Testing:Using an oral fluid testing device in accordance with AS 4760:2006 testing for Opiates, Amphetamine, Tetrahydrocannabinol, Cocaine and Metabolites. Collection of saliva is completed with a AusHealth Oral 7 device.
- Urine Testing: Using a urine testing device in accordance with AS/NZS 4308:2008 testing for Opiates, Amphetamine, Tetrahydrocannabinol, Cocaine, Metabolites and Benzodiazepines. Collection of urine is completed with a AusHealth MicroScreen™ Cup.
NATA Accredited Laboratory:
As per Australian Standards, confirmatory* drug testing must be completed by a NATA accredited laboratory. Tuff-As Safety has partnered with Racing Analytical Services Limited (RASL) to conduct confirmatory testing. All tests performed by RSAL are backed by full NATA accreditation in compliance with the ISO/IEC 17025
* Confirmatory testing is completed when an initial drug test has indicated the possible presence of a drug metabolite. The sample must then be sent for further testing to a NATA accredited laboratory.